- Learn to refract in plus or minus cylinder.
- Eight videos and 6 interactive lessons teaching:
- The parts of the refracting instrument
- Establishing sphere power
- Cylinder axis refinement
- Cylinder power refinement
- Maintaining the spherical equivalent
- Cylinder power search
- Sphere power refinement
- Practice refracting in plus or minus cylinder.
- Refract random patients or choose to practice on:
- People who can't see 20/20
- People who just can't give a straightforward response
- Patients that you manually create
- View your results to see:
- How close you came to the patient's "true" refraction
- The level of vision you achieved compared to their best possible vision
- How well you established and maintained the spherical equivalent
Interactive Retinoscopy Tutorials
- Learn retinoscopy in plus or minus cylinder.
- Learn concepts such as:
- The parts of the retinoscope
- Retinoscopy procedure basics
- Understanding the eye's far point
- Recognizing and understanding with & against-motion and neutrality
- Quantifying refractive error
- Compensating for working distance
- Identifying astigmatism and the principal meridians
- Practice retinoscopy in plus or minus cylinder.
- Practice retinoscopy using a refractor instrument.
- Practice retinoscopy using trial lenses.
- Work through compensating for working distance.
- View your retinoscopy results to see how close you came to the patient's "true" refraction